Life Healthcare is committed to good corporate citizenship. Flora Clinic`s participation in Life Healthcare`s Community Involvement Process (CIP) and a host of similar initiatives by the group`s other hospitals and associated companies bears testimony to this commitment. At local level through various collaborative efforts, our employees seek to put something back into the communities in which they operate. Our CIP initiatives are part and parcel of Life Healthcare`s current 39 long-term projects.
Life Healthcare initiated its Community Involvement Process in 1995 with management and employees actively participating in both ongoing projects and the annual, national Bumbanani Day celebrations.
Flora Clinic`s renewal programme encompasses ongoing upgrades and implementations designed to keep us at the frontline of health and care delivery.
Specialised care units include:
* 6 dedicated intensive and high care facilities for medical, surgical, cardiothoracic, neuro, paediatric neonatal patients.
* Renal & dialysis unit
* Bone marrow transplant unit and dedicated cancer ward
* Oncology centre - Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy
Our accident and emergency unit is manned by local NHC doctors 24x7x365 and supported around the clock by resident specialists.
Onsite radiology and pathology enable quick diagnostic turnaround times plus state of the art specialised treatment. Several rehabilitation and support clinics deliver post-hospital services that contribute to a rapid return to quality living for our patients.
Medical and surgical disciplines
* Advanced laparoscopic surgery
* Bone marrow transplant unit
* Cardio-thoracic surgery
* ENT surgery
* General surgery
* Internal Medicine
* Maxillofacial surgery
* Orthopaedic surgery
* Plastic and reconstructive surgery
* Specialised Cancer ward
* Urology including lithotripsy
* Vascular surgery
* West rand Oncology unit
* Cardiac rehabilitation unit: 011 470 7721
* Renal & dialysis unit: 011 470 7709
* Mended Hearts programme in association with the Heart Foundation of SA
Cardiac consulting service at other Life Healthcare hospitals A cardiologist from Flora Clinic consults at Robinson Hospital in Randfontein and Anncron Clinic in Klerksdorp once a week. Initial assessments of cardiac status can be done at these hospitals. Should a patient require further investigation or treatment they are then referred to Flora Clinic.
* Hospital care, including intensive care, following a myocardial infarction (heart attack) or cardiac failure from other causes.
* Cardiac catheterisation procedures
- Coronary angioplasty (PTCA)
- Implantation of stents
* Coronary artery bypass surgery
* Implantation of artificial heart valves
* Implantation of pacemakers
* Mended Hearts support group
We look forward to welcoming you to our maternity unit. We trust that the information on this Web Site will provide answers to questions you may have regarding your confinement and hospital stay.
A R240.00 bed booking fee is charged. Upon paying the booking fee, each patient receives a free baby bag filled with most goodies you will need after delivery.
For more information contact: tel: 011 470 7790
The following services are offered:
* Baby clinic (immunisation)
* Hearing tests for babies
* Neonatal ICU
* Pre-delivery tours
* Registration of babies
We are proud of our team of doctors and if you need to contact any of our doctors, they will be happy to assist you with your queries.
The telephone details of the doctors have been listed below and the doctors have been categorised in accordance to their speciality. They are contactable Monday to Friday, between 09:00 and 17:00.
General contact numbers:
Pre-admissions: 011 470 7726/7905
Renal & dialysis unit: 011 470 7709
Cardiac Rehabilitation centre: 011 470 7721
Bone marrow transplant unit: 011 470 7955
West rand Oncology centre: 011 475 0330
Accident and Emergency unit: 011 470 7809
Life Flora Clinic Advance Life Support: 011 470 7744
Account queries: 011 470 7906/7990
Audiology & Speech therapy
Van den Berg & Soulsby 011 758 6550
Dr N Nicolaou 011 675 1806
Dr C Conradie 011 475 7654
Dr D Marks 011 758 6570
Dr FFE Peters 011 758 6589
Dr RE Tager 011 758 6540 / 011 470 7844
Dr M Musk 011 470 7775
Ear Nose & Throat surgeons
Dr A Patel 011 470 6677
Dr C Quitter 011 758 6575
Dr H Hamersma 011 470 7775
Dr Vorster 011 470 7775
Dr A Kiss 011 475 0129
Dr AC Baars 011 475 6885
Dr G Huysamen 011 679 4949
Dr M Pawlak 011 475 0011 / 758 6566
Dr MF Hameed 011 758 6546
Dr SS Booyse 011 475 6144
Dr W Wypkema 011 679 1148
Dr D van der Watt 011 475 8725
Dr H Salli 011 679 2678
Dr HK Du Plessis 011 475 1316
Dr M Gaffoor 011 758 6545
Dr P Georgiou 011 475 5666
Dr WE van Tonder 011 758 6565
Maxillo facial surgeons
Dr P Betts 011 679 1164
Dr R Bryant 011 470 7900
Dr B Bloy 011 758 6588
Dr D Naidoo 082 499 1379
Dr J Scheltema 011 758 6470
Dr SO Thomaides 011 758 6500
Dr D Manoussakis 011 470 7971
Dr D Brittain 011 475 8451
Dr G de Muelenaere 011 475 0330
Dr G McMichael 011 475 0330
Dr I de Muelenaere 011 475 0330
Dr L van Zyl 011 475 0330
Dr S Bairstow 011 475 0330
Dr AJF Robertson 011 670 3400
Dr J van der Westhuizen 011 475 1356
Dr N Mouton 011 758 6466
Dr WP Venter 011 475 9830
Dr A Tshigabe 011 758 6560
Dr HG Ryder 011 475 4977
Dr M McKay 011 470 7960
Dr A Pappas 011 475 8030
Dr APJ Botha 011 679 1120
Dr B Bloy 011 758 6588
Dr B Sloane 011 679 3128
Dr GF de Vos 011 675 3265
Dr MR Isaacs 011 758 6590
Dr D Elliot 011 679 4207
Dr C Magnus 011 476 6410
Dr C van Wyk 011 679 4095
Dr G Brink 011 476 6410
Dr G Bell 011 470 7966
Dr H vd Walt 011 470 7966
Dr M Tupy 011 470 7963
Dr J Pillai 011 470 7993
Patient and visitor information
Accommodation at our Clinic is extensive and includes:
* Day beds
* Private wards
* General wards
* High care units
We also offer TVs in all of our wards.
Private wards are all en-suite.
Our admission process can be made much easier for you, if the following simple guidelines are followed.
* Medical aid patients should check with their medical aid / scheme prior to admission to obtain pre-authorisation, if deemed necessary by the medical aid / scheme.
* Patients have to present their medical aid card and identity document on admission. Persons under the age of 18 have to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
* To speed up admission, a pre-admission form is available from the resident doctor`s rooms and the hospital`s reception, and should be either handed through to the hospital`s reception or faxed through to the clinic prior to admission.
* Also refer to the “Tariffs” and “Discharge” sections below, for more information on prepayment and payment procedures.
A parent or legal guardian must accompany all patients under 18 years.
Mothers or fathers whose children are admitted as patients are welcome to stay at their bedside at all times.
Day patients undergoing surgery under anaesthetic should arrange for transport from hospital - it is illegal to drive for 24 hours following anaesthetic.
All private patients (i.e. patients not covered by medical aid) will be expected to settle their accounts in full on discharge.
Public Relations Manager
Our public relations manager serves as a link between the hospital, patients, doctors and staff. Should you need any assistance please contact the manager at the reception desk of our hospital or on 011 470 7925. If you are from out of town, the PR manager and reception desk has a list of accommodation near the hospital for family members.
In keeping with our goal to continue providing high quality care, we monitor our service to patients on an ongoing basis. On discharge patients are asked to complete a questionnaire regarding their stay in hospital. Participation is voluntary, but it does assist management in addressing any problems and improving our service. We especially welcome any suggestions you may have.
Flora Clinic charges medical aid tariffs, i.e. contracted in fees. Patients requesting a private room will be required to pay a surcharge. A deposit will be required from private patients on admission - private patients can contact our accounts department for more information.
We welcome all of our patients` visitors, as we know what a difference the support of close family and friends can make.
In light of this, we also have to be aware of the rest that all of our patients require and we have thus provided for visitors to visit our hospitals only at certain designated times and these are:
* 11:00 - 12:00 (designated wards only)
* 15:00 - 16:00
* 19:00 - 20:00
Further to this, other rules apply with respect to visitors and these are:
* Visitors are restricted to three per patient at a time. Children are welcome but they must have an adult supervising them. Adult supervision is not required in the children`s ward.
* In the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), we only allow two family members per patient.
* In the High Care wards, two visitors per patient are allowed